The board is made up of 11 directors and others co-opted in specialist areas, who are also members of Composites UK. Each director is nominated for a term of two years, the organization said.
New members for 2022–2024 are:
- Dr Clara Frias, Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC)
- Joe Summers, Airborne Composites Ltd
- Dr Faye Smith, Avalon Consultancy Services
- Jen Hill, B&M Longworth
- Dominic Hopwood, SHD Composites
Dr Frias, Summers, Dr Smith and Hopwood have been re-elected.
“I’m so pleased and excited to be joining this board of industry professionals! I strongly feel that we, the UK composites industry can succeed, through collaboration and true partnership, with the backing of a sound and proactive trade association,” said Hill.
The rest of the board are:
- Luke Vardy, Cygnet Texkimp
- Jonathan Howard, Dura Composites
- Alan Banks, Ford Motor Company (Chairman)
- Ben Wilson, MPM Ltd
- Matt Bradney, Prodrive
- Adam Black, Technical Fibre Products
- Andrew Hopcraft, National Composites Centre (Co-opted - Catapult representative)
- Steven Brown, Scott Bader Company Ltd (Co-opted - sustainability specialist)
- Scott Tolson (Co-opted – finance)
Composites UK said that John Toner, Teledyne CML Composites, who left the board, had “made an invaluable contribution to help steer the association over the past few years as a director but also as Chairman since 2020.”