Composites UK has revealed the winners of its Composite Industry Awards. The awards event, which takes place alongside the Advanced Engineering Show, included 250 people to celebrate the innovations of the UK composites industry and the people behind them. Guests included McLaren, GKN Aerospace, Pentaxia, Safran Nacelles, FRIMO, R-Tech Materials, Aro PR and Marketing and Sigmatex, with a keynote speech from Iain Bomphray of Williams Advanced Engineering which challenged the UK composites industry to strive to be world-class with the opportunity of significant growth predicted across all sectors. Ten awards were given out on the evening. The winners were:
- Trainee/Apprentice of the Year (sponsored by Dark Matter Composites) – Winner: Thomas Rockwood, Sigmatex
- Employee of the Year (sponsored by NetComposites) – Winner: Stephen Dyer, Safran
- Employer of the Year (sponsored by Colorplas) – Winner: MHI Vestas Offshore
- Environmental/Sustainability Award (sponsored by Briar Associates) – Winner: Sigmatex
- Health and Safety Award (sponsored by Towergate Insurance) – Winner: Hexion
- Innovation in Composite Manufacture (sponsored by Axillium) – Winner: Cygnet Texkimp
- Innovation in Composite Design (sponsored by Advanced Engineering Show) – Joint winners: Cape & Lentus Composites
- Innovation in Composite Materials (sponsored by National Composites Centre) – Winner: Fiba Tech Industries
- Outstanding Contribution to the Composites Industry – Winner: Ian Chatting
An in-depth focus of all the award-winning entries will be available over the next month on the Composites UK website. The next Composites UK Awards Dinner will take place on Wednesday 31st October 2018, again at the National Motorcycle Museum, in Solihull, UK.
This story is reprinted from material from Composites UK, with editorial changes made by Materials Today. The views expressed in this article do not necessarily represent those of Elsevier.