Composites UK has revealed the winners of its industry awards, which took place on 4 November to celebrate the achievements of composite manufacturers in the UK.
The 2015 winners were presented with their awards by Composites UK and event sponsors MPM, Dark Matter Composites, Composites in Manufacturing Magazine, National Composites Centre and Axillium Research.
The winners are:
- Trainee/apprentice – winner: Ben Freeman, Aircelle, runner-up: Ashley Parkinson, NCC
- Employee of the year – winner: John Dobbin, MPM, runner-up: Claire Wright, TenCate
- Employer of the year – winner: MPM, runner-up: Prodrive
- Health and safety – winner: CCT Hexion, runner-up: MPM
- Environmental winner: Techlan, runner-up: Von Roll UK
- Innovation in materials – winner: EcoTechnilin, runner-up: Atkins
- Innovation in manufacture – winner: Trelleborg AEM, runner-up: Structural Science Composites
- Innovation in design – winner: Far-UK, runner-up: London Underground.
A ninth award for Outstanding Contribution to the Composites Industry was given to Brian O’Rourke, chief composites engineer at Williams F1, for being highly instrumental in the huge success of promoting the use of composites within the company.
The next Awards Dinner will take place on 2 November 2016 with early bird booking opening before the end of 2015.
This story is reprinted from material from Composites UK, with editorial changes made by Materials Today. The views expressed in this article do not necessarily represent those of Elsevier.