Composites UK has released the names of the shortlisted nominees for its 2015 composites industry awards.
The awards are presented in eight categories as well as an ‘Outstanding Contribution to the Composites Industry’ award allocated to someone who the Composites UK Board of Directors feel should be commended for their work in supporting the growth of the UK industry.
The 2015 shortlisted two entries for each award are as follows:
- Innovation in Materials – Atkins | EcoTecnilin
- Innovation in Manufacture – Structural Science Composites | Trelleborg
- Innovation in Design – Far UK | London Underground
- Health and Safety Award – Hexion CCT | MPM
- Environmental/Sustainability Award – Techlan | Von Roll UK
- Trainee/Apprentice Award – Ashley Parkinson, NCC | Ben Freeman, Aircelle
- Employee of the Year – Claire Wright, TenCate | John Dobbin, MPM
- Employer of the Year – MPM | Prodrive.
The winners will be announced at the Awards Dinner on 4th November, being held in Birmingham , UK, coinciding with the Advanced Engineering Show.
‘The black-tie Awards Dinner has gone from strength-to-strength since we aligned it with the Advanced Engineering Show where we’ve seen a sharp rise in entries to the awards and attendees,’ said Claire Whysall, communications manager at Composites UK.
This story is reprinted from material from Composites UK, with editorial changes made by Materials Today. The views expressed in this article do not necessarily represent those of Elsevier.