Composites UK has revealed its shortlist for the 2016 Composites Industry Awards. ‘We have received an exceptional amount of entries this year which our judges spent two months over the summer debating and scoring, narrowing the shortlist down to just two stand-out nominations per category,’ said Claire Whysall, communications manager for Composites UK. ‘However, there were two categories where the winners had a clear lead in the scoring and we have pleasure in announcing those today.’ The 2016 shortlisted entries for each award are as follows:
- Innovation in Manufacture – Plataine, National Composites Centre in collaboration with Jaguar Land Rover
- Innovation in Design – Dura Composites, Frewer Engineering
- Environmental/Sustainability Award – AEL Polymers, Revalutech
- Trainee/Apprentice Award – James Kilbane, MPM Ltd, Harry Almond, National Composites Centre
- Employee of the Year – Sam Burgess/Kelly Ellis, Composites Integration, David Hughes, Teledyne CML Composites
- Employer of the Year – National Composites Centre, Safran Nacelles
The 2016 winning entries are:
- Health and Safety Award – MPM Limited
- Innovation in Materials – Sicut Enterprises Ltd
The Innovation Award nominees will be showcasing their work at an open forum presentation session at the Advanced Engineering Show on 2 November with the winners being announced at the Awards Dinner the same evening.
This story is reprinted from material from Composites UK, with editorial changes made by Materials Today. The views expressed in this article do not necessarily represent those of Elsevier.