Composites UK has released its shortlist for the 2017 composites industry awards, which will be presented at the annual awards dinner on 1st November at the National Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham, UK, at the same time as a the Advanced Engineering show. The 2017 shortlisted entries for each award are as follows (in alphabetical order):
- Innovation in Manufacture – Cygnet Texkimp and MHI Vestas Offshore
- Innovation in Design – Cape plc and Lentus Composites. Optima Projects was highly commended in this category.
- Innovation in Materials – FTI Group and Tods Aerospace
- Trainee/Apprentice Award – Sigmatex (Thomas Rockwood) and Teledyne CML (Michael Dodd)
- Employer of the Year – MHI Vestas Offshore and National Composites Centre
- Employee of the Year – MPM Ltd (Nick Robinson) and Safran (Stephen Dyer)
- The 2017 winning entries announced today are:
- Health and Safety Award – Hexion
- Environmental/Sustainability Award – Sigmatex.
‘We had a record number of entries for each category so creating a shortlist was exceptionally difficult this year,’ said Claire Whysall, communications manager at Composites UK. ‘However there were two stand out entries which had a clear lead on the scoring in the health & safety and sustainability categories and we have the pleasure of announcing these today.’ Over 250 people are expected to be in attendance at the awards dinner with bookings for tables of ten or individual seats being taken until 20th October. Composites UK members receive discounted rates.
This story is reprinted from material from Composites UK, with editorial changes made by Materials Today. The views expressed in this article do not necessarily represent those of Elsevier.