The shortlisted entries award are:
- Innovation in manufacture – Mouldbox, Rockwood Composites
- Innovation in design – GRM Consulting, TWI Limited
- Innovation in materials – Graphene Composites Limited, Gurit (UK) Ltd
- Trainee/apprentice award – Aaron Johnson, Leonardo Helicopters, Daniel Pheasant, Pentaxia
- Employer of the year – MHI Vestas, MPM Limited
- Employee of the year – Wendy Charlesworth, GRP Solutions, Ben Jennings, Group Rhodes Limited
The outright winner of the Environmental/sustainability award is TRB Lightweight Structures, for its lighter and green alternative to an aluminium honeycomb rail door leaf. An award for Outstanding Contribution to the Composites Industry will also be presented in the evening.
This story is reprinted from material from Composites UK, with editorial changes made by Materials Today. The views expressed in this article do not necessarily represent those of Elsevier.