These awards, designed to celebrate UK achievements, will be presented at the Industry Awards Dinner on 12th November at the Crowne Plaza, NEC, Birmingham, to coincide with the Composites Engineering Show (12-13 November 2013). This year all the Industry Awards are combined in one event.
Composites UK adds that the eight awards which will be given out at the event have been designed to celebrate innovation (in manufacture, materials and design) as well as recognising outstanding support in employee development, training, health and safety and environmental initiative.
The winners are:
- Innovation in Manufacture – JETCAM UK Ltd for its Crosstrack software suite providing complete traceability from the finished part right back to the roll or rolls (Award sponsored by Composite Fibreglass Mouldings).
- Innovation in Materials – Scott Bader Ltd for itsr Crestabond MMA structural adhesives range enabling very fast cure times (Award Sponsored by Eastman Machine Company)
- Innovation in Composite Design – GKN Aerospace for the design and manufacture of the A350 XWB rear spar (Award sponsored by National Composites Centre)
- Health and Safety – Broadwater Mouldings Ltd for its work towards the SiMPLC initiative.
- Environmental – EcoTechnilin UK Ltd for the development of the first fully bio-based floor panel used in the Jaguar F-type convertible.
- Employer of the year – MPM Ltd for the outstanding support of their workforce through training.
- Employee of the year – Dylan Wilson, Operations Leader, MPM Ltd.
- Apprentice of the year – Josh Pickersgill, Production Operator, MPM Ltd (Award sponsored by Composite Skills).