Composites UK has revealed the winners of its recent industry awards.
The event, which took place alongside the Advanced Engineering Show, saw 300 people from around the world gather to celebrate innovations in the UK composites industry.
The winners were:
- Trainee/Apprentice of the Year (Sponsored by GRP Solutions) – Winner: Aaron Johnson, Leonardo Helicopters
- Employee of the Year (Sponsored by MPM Limited) – Winner: Ben Jennings, Group Rhodes Limited
- Employer of the Year (Sponsored by Fluency Marketing) – Winner: MPM Limited
- Environmental/Sustainability Award (Sponsored by Briar Associates) – Winner: TRB Lightweight Structures
- Innovation in Composite Manufacture (Sponsored by Axillium) – Winner: Rockwood Composites
- Innovation in Composite Design (Sponsored by the Advanced Engineering Show) – Winner: TWI Limited
- Innovation in Composite Materials (Sponsored by National Composites Centre) – Winner: Gurit (UK) Limited
- Outstanding Contribution to the Composites Industry – Winner: Professor Peter Chivers
In addition to these a Special Recognition award was given to MPM Limited with its director, Ben Wilson, receiving an Outstanding Achievement award for his leadership during a large fire at its former site in Pudsey, Leeds.
The next Composites UK Awards Dinner will take place on 30 October 2019.
This story is reprinted from material from Composites UK, with editorial changes made by Materials Today. The views expressed in this article do not necessarily represent those of Elsevier.