Take part in the poll on the Reinforced Plastics LinkedIn Group and let us know your views.
(You need to be a member of LinkedIn to vote. If you're not already a member it only takes a few minutes to join. Alternatively you can post your comments at the end of this page.)
January 2013: Read the results of the poll here.
The development of materials and processes to enable the mass production of composites parts for the automotive market is a hot topic at the moment. Here are a few ongoing collaborations – some are focusing on thermoplastic composites, others on thermoset:
- Carbon composites and cars – technology watch 2012;
- Automotive companies select their composites partners;
- BASF and TenCate team up on automotive thermoplastic composites;
- European Thermoplastic Automotive Composites consortium formed;
- BASF and SGL to develop carbon fibre thermoplastics for automotive applications;
- UK project to develop lower cost, lightweight composite vehicle structures.