The Composites and Advanced Materials Expo (CAMX) has announced the CAMX 2017 Technical Paper Award winners. CAMX technical papers covers areas important to the composites and advanced materials industry such as business, applications, and research perspectives, the organizers say.
This year's Technical Paper Award winners are:
- Jonathan Garhart, Sikorsky-Lockheed Martin - Advanced Integrated Composite Repair (AICR) Development
- Hardik Dalal, The Boeing Company - Bonding the Unbondable: Thermoplastics!
- Scott Huelskamp, University of Dayton Research Institute - Effects of Z-stitches in Heavy Tow Carbon Laminates via Tailored Fiber Placement
- Amit Naskar, Oak Ridge National Laboratory - Thermo-Responsive Polymers-Based on Source-Selective Lignins
- Antonio Paesano, The Boeing Company - Present and Future of Sustainable Polymers for Additive Manufacturing
- Nobuo Takeda, The University of Tokyo - Intelligent In-situ Process of Monitoring and Quality Assessment of Aerospace Composite Structures.
This story is reprinted from material from CAMX, with editorial changes made by Materials Today. The views expressed in this article do not necessarily represent those of Elsevier.