Composites UK says that its Thermoplastic Composites event will explore how thermoplastic composites will be used in aircraft of the future.
The one-day seminar, which takes place on 3 October 2019 in London, will also cover topics such as over molding, hybrid molding and perforated composites.
Topics and speakers include:
- ATI roadmap/strategy on the future for thermoplastic composites in aerospace, Alex Hickson, Aerospace Technology Institute
- A new approach to hybrid molding, Chris Hare, Coventive Composites
- Mechanical and damping performance of hybrid natural fibre, recycled and virgin carbon fiber laminates, Peter Wilson, WMG
- Composites large scale projects, Hannah Tew, AMRC
- Recent developments in thermoplastic composite overmolding, Sean Cooper, National Composites Centre
- Perforated composites: manufacturing, modelling, and industrial applications, Chris Worrall, TWI Limited
- Manufacturing process simulation for thermoplastic composites, louis barnes, wilde analysis
- Over-molding potential for commercial structures, Jonathan Powell, Spirit AeroSystems (Europe) Ltd
For more information, go here.
This story uses material from Composites UK, with editorial changes made by Materials Today. The views expressed in this article do not necessarily represent those of Elsevier.