Plans are for the shareholders to support the company’s long-term objectives within the renewables, automotive and marine sectors. STRUCTeam wants to improve sustainability in wind blade design and manufacture, improve the use of multi materials in EV battery enclosures, and develop the use of composites in marine structures to increase energy efficient production and reduce CO2 emissions.
The shareholders are:
- Jean-Luc Guillaume, senior consultant: A PhD in polymer chemistry, Jean-Luc has had a career in coatings and composite materials that spans four decades in companies such as Dow Chemical and Olin, mostly focused on epoxy chemistries.
- Roman Hillermeier, transportation market sector leader: Roman has over 20 years of composites experience in technology and business development roles.
- Joseph Laux, senior technical advisor: Joseph has held positions in the world’s leading transportation and material companies.
- Gerry Northwood, senior consultant: Gerry advises the team on operational and HR matters. He is a former Royal Navy officer who since leaving the service in 2012 has become an chief operating officer and consultant in small to medium size businesses.
- Jo Chipperfield, general manager: Jo is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company’s UK office and has a strong background in the composite materials sector.