NetComposites has launched a new, one-day conference spotlighting the current and future use of composite materials in sport.
Composites in Sport will take place at Loughborough University, UK on 16 November 2016.
It will explore new composite material developments in sports-related applications including equipment, safety wear, apparel, prosthetics and infrastructure. It is aimed at material developers and suppliers, manufacturers, researchers, regulatory bodies and athletes of all abilities.
Abstracts are now being accepted on subjects relating to the use of composite materials in sport to include, but not limited to:
- New material developments for sporting competitive advantage.
- Testing and certification of composite sporting goods.
- Sporting infrastructure and facilities.
- Case studies of performance-enhancing composites in sport.
- Manufacturing composite sporting goods for consumer mass markets.
This story is reprinted from material from NetComposites, with editorial changes made by Materials Today. The views expressed in this article do not necessarily represent those of Elsevier.