The competition is open to any company or research center and covers automotive and road transportation, aerospace, defense, security and ballistics, renewable energy, building and construction, infrastructure and civil engineering, oil and gas, medical and prosthetics, electronics, industrial equipment, furniture and appliances, sports and leisure and marine.
The award judges are:
- Dr Deniz Korkmaz, chief technology officer, Kordsa Teknik Tekstil AS
- Professor Véronique Michaud, head of the laboratory for processing of advanced composites, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
- Dr Alan Banks, UK innovations manager, Ford Motor Company
- Professor Christophe Binetruy, professor of mechanical engineering, Centrale Nantes
- Dale Brosius, CCO, IACMI-The Composites Institute
- Dr Enzo Cosentino, technical authority and composite expert, Airbus
- Guy Larnac, materials, structures & industrialization technical coordinator, Ariane Group
- Dr Karl-Heinz Fueller, manager future outside & materials, Mercedes-Benz
- Professor Kiyoshi Uzawa, director/professor, Innovative Composite Center, Kanazawa Institute of Technology
Professor Sung Kyu Ha, professor, Hanyang University
- Michel Cognet, chaiman of the board, JEC.