Composites UK says that it is looking for individuals from its member companies to form part of its board of directors from 2020-2022. The board of directors comprises eleven representatives for a term of office of two years, and meets quarterly to review and plan the running of the association.
According to Composites UK, any director should be a fully paid up member and in addition to being a director can put themselves forward for a named post, while the chair position is elected by the board.
Six director positions are open for election in 2020:
- Board director: attend four board meetings per annum, contribute to discussions and decisions on the running of the association and attend one strategy meeting per annum.
- Research director: report to the board on activities/opportunities in the research arena. The research director should be a member of an academic establishment or an RTO.
- QHSE director: oversee the association activities on H&S and environmental issues working with the operations and sustainability managers
- Training director: lead the association activities on training and report these quarterly to the board
- Finance director: oversee the association finances in collaboration working with the operations manager and accounts officer.
- Communications director; oversee the communications activities in collaboration with the communications manager.
- Membership director: oversee the membership development strategy working with the operations manager.
- Trade director: oversee the trade activities of the association working with the operations manager.
To download the application form, go here (Word document). The deadline for nominations is 30 June.
This story uses material from Composites UK, with editorial changes made by Materials Today. The views expressed in this article do not necessarily represent those of Elsevier.