The 9th international conference on advanced composites in construction, ACIC 2019, is inviting abstracts on relevant subjects.
The conference takes place from 3-5 September 2019 at the University of Birmingham, UK and features topics within the construction industry that highlight the use of fiber reinforced polymer (FRP) composite materials in all-FRP structures as well as strengthening, refurbishment and reinforcement applications in traditional infrastructure.
Prospective participants are invited to submit a short abstract, to include the contact details of the corresponding author and affiliation of co-authors here by 9 November 2018.
Proposed sessions for the conference should include, but are not limited to:
- Strengthening of concrete and masonry structures
- Strengthening of metallic and timber structures
- Internal reinforcement and prestressing
- Wholly polymeric structures
- FRP materials and systems
- Long term performance and durability
- Damage mechanics and failure criteria
- Analysis and design
- Inspection and monitoring
The event will also feature a poster competition for the next generation of structural engineers to showcase their research.
This story uses material from ACIC,with editorial changes made by Materials Today. The views expressed in this article do not necessarily represent those of Elsevier.